Monday, March 9, 2009

Just Feel It

Written: 24-01-2009

I can feel the ice around my heart melting.

I can feel the wall I built around myself starting to come down.
Bit by bit.
Brick by brick.
Slowly, but surely.
I can feel my heart strings straining and reaching for something, pulling me along saying “come on Bonnie, it’s about time you started to feel again. It’s time to move on, move forward. Let it go. Let yourself go. Open up and let someone in. Don’t ignore what’s right there in front of you. Don’t let it slip through your fingers. Just feel it.”
I never wanted to feel again for fear of failing miserably yet again.
But what’s life without risks.
Without taking a chance on something without knowing what the outcome will be.
As a wise friend once said to me: you should just go on the ride, and not worry about the fact that sooner or later you have to get off that ride, and just enjoy it for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment