Sunday, May 24, 2009

haphazardly surviving

can you feel me pushing
pushing you away
can you see the colour
of the blood where i lay
can you see my eyes
staring coldy ahead
can you see there's no life in me
can you see that i'm dead
can you tell that i'm broken
and completely dead deep inside
can you see all of this
now that i am refusing to hide
do you know how i'm feeling
can you say you've been there
do you know that i love you
when i don't seem to care
can you see i'm not dying
that i'm already gone
can you tell that i'm weak
even when i try to be strong
can you see that i'm trying
and that i don't want to give up
can you see that it's draining me
and that my heart's had enough
can you hear that i'm fighting
that i'm fighting to breathe
because right now you're not fighting
fighting for me
can you see i'm exhausted
that i'm a contemptible mess
that i'm different and crazy
haplessly depressed
can you see that i love you
and that i'm not letting go
can you see that i love you
and it's all that i know

No comments:

Post a Comment